emtacl15 emerging technologies in academic libraries
20-22 April 2015, Trondheim, Norway
Emerging technologies and evolving user behaviour keeps changing the rules of the game for academic libraries. Emerging technologies include new ways of using existing technologies and totally new, disruptive technologies.
emtacl15 is an international conference for academic librarians, information professionals, academic staff, students, library system developers and suppliers, among others. The aim is to provide answers to the following questions:
- What can academic libraries do to address change?
- How can we adapt?
- Which technologiescan/should/must we use/create?
Abstract submission: 1 November 2014
The programme committee invites original presentations and posters taking one or more of thefollowing perspectives as a point of departure:
- Managing technological innovation
- Digital humanities, big data, and text mining
- Digital open scholarship and new publication technologies
- Learning technologies and MOOCs
- Semantic web and linked data
- User experience (UX), design, and content strategy
- Themes from the NMC Horizon Report: 2014 Library Edition
- Site(s) Internet